WESTFORD, Mass., Oct. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- General purpose Application Solution Module (ASM) increases the Sonus SBC 1000 Skype for Business SBA capacity up to 1,000 users and 240 calls and allows for on-board hosting of third-party applications for the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000.
- Advanced ASM hosts Microsoft Cloud Connector Edition (CCE), enabling customers to save time and costs associated with implementation and transition to Office 365 Cloud PBX.
- The Sonus SBC 1000 now supports up to 192 sessions and new configurations provide a maximum of four PRI ports or 12 FXO ports with lower price points.
- New Sonus SBC 1000 configurations provide enterprises with more value and the same certified reliability and security of the original Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in secure and intelligent Cloud communications, announced today that Release 6.1 of the Sonus Edge portfolio will begin shipping in late October 2016. The new release for the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 Session Border Controllers (SBCs) offers exceptional value to enterprises by driving a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) through expanded standard port density, higher capacity and capability, and lower price points.
The Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 are designed to facilitate a simple and flexible transition to Microsoft's® Skype for Business for enterprises. Release 6.1 enhances that value proposition by delivering the following new features:
- A new, general purpose ASM that increases the number of Skype for Business SBA users from 400 to 1,000 and the number of SBA calls from 100 to 240 on the Sonus SBC 1000. Additionally, the new ASM comes standard with Windows Server® 2012 R2 and 2 Microsoft Hyper-V® virtual machines to allow on-board hosting of third-party applications on the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000. This higher capacity ASM reduces enterprise CAPEX and minimizes the need for separate servers for application hosting.
- An advanced ASM designed specifically for hosting Microsoft CCE enables Sonus Cloud Link to significantly reduce CCE installation time and lower TCO for enterprises migrating to Office 365 Cloud PBX. The ASM allows Sonus Cloud Link to scale to a maximum of 500 concurrent Skype for Business CCE calls in a single appliance, eliminating the need to procure a separate server, software, and necessary licenses.
- A redesigned SBC 1000 with a higher-powered base board DSP supports a maximum of 192 SIP sessions, which represents a 20 percent increase over previous releases. The SBC 1000 can also be expanded with a maximum of four PRI ports (up from two),12 FXO ports (up from eight), and new configurations priced lower than earlier releases.
- Three new entry level SBC 1000 configurations provide up to four PRI, four BRI, four FXO, and four FXS ports in a cost-effective platform. These entry level SBC 1000 configurations are designed for businesses that need the robust security and reliability of the SBC 1000 platform for simple gateway deployments.
"The Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 are proven in helping enterprises secure Unified Communications, such as Skype for Business," said Gordon Eddy, director, Product Management, Sonus. "Release 6.1 further enhances these trusted platforms, delivering capacity and capability upgrades at significantly lower price points than competitive alternatives."
- The SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 recently received a 2016 Unified Communications Product of the Year award from TMCnet.
- Sonus was named a 2015 Skype for Business Pioneer Award by TMCnet.
Sonus, SONS, Cloud Link, SBC, Session Border Controller, Microsoft Cloud Connector Edition, CCE, Cloud PBX in Office 365, Hybrid Cloud, Skype for Business, SIP, TDM, PSTN Connectivity, Security
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Cloud Exchange Networking Platform, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Sonus' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is
made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151201/292253LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sonus-sbc-1000-and-sbc-2000-release-expands-capacities-and-lowers-costs-300347589.html
SOURCE Sonus Networks, Inc.